We think you’re doing something AMAZING and hope that you realize how important you are!
This TIm’s Tots Volunteer Team Webpage has all the information you need to serve our little ones. We hope this page is helpful to you as you volunteer. You’ll find . . .
tips and reminders
music to play during playtime
training videos for new teachers and assistants
set-up and clean-up instructions
roles and responsibilities for teachers and assistants
HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope each and every one of you is enjoying the blessings of a new year and ready for the next adventure that God has in store for you as you walk in His ways.
Remember that there is NO MORNING LITURGY OR SUNDAY SCHOOL on January 6th. We will see each other in the evening for the Liturgy of the Feast of the Nativity at 7pm at CUMC. In case I don’t get to see you that night and give you hugs in person, then MERRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your families!
I’ll start to put the coloring sheets in the back pocket of the binder so that everything is in one place.
If you need to find a replacement, check out this handout of Scheduling Tips to see just how easy it is to do that.
Not sure if you’re on the schedule? Login to mySTSA and click on the heart icon.
Play one of these playlists as kids enter and during playtime.
The Perfect Gift
Turtle Time is an interactive book that teaches basic Orthodox concepts to our little ones. This month’s Turtle Time chapter is titled THE PERFECT GIFT. I’m sure each child was so excited to open up Christmas gifts a few weeks ago. Getting the perfect gift is so exciting! Do you ever wonder what the perfect gift would be to give Jesus? We could give Him ourselves by worshipping Him with our voices!
Our key phrase that they will hear when they Tickle Tim’s Tummy is actually a beautiful hymn we sing in the Holy Liturgy.
Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, Who was born of the Virgin, have mercy upon us. Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, Who was crucified for us, have mercy upon us. Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, Who rose from the dead and ascended into the heavens, have mercy upon us. Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever and unto the ages of the ages. Amen. O Holy Trinity, have mercy upon us.
Even if the younger ones just get the first part of it, this is still a great way to redirect their attention to the Liturgy so they can join in. You’d be shocked at what 4 and 5 year olds can learn to song, so encourage them to really give it a try. You can LISTEN to it before you teach it to them in case you have as much trouble as I do holding a tune :)
new teachers and assistants start here
Welcome to Tim's Tots! We're so glad you're volunteering with us. In order to get you ready to serve our little ones, we ask that you watch all the training videos below.
There are a total of 4 video training sessions that are essential to understanding the Tim's Tots Curriculum. The first 3 videos can all be accessed from the link on the left that says "WATCH 3 TRAINING VIDEOS". The final video is specifically for Turtle Time and can be viewed by clicking on the video to right. You will need to set aside 1 hour and 10 minutes to watch all 4 videos.
Thank you for volunteering with Tim's Tots! You will have a blast!
Please see the classroom assignment board near the Check-In Table on the third floor to know where your class meets.
Learn how to accept/decline volunteer requests, find a replacement volunteer or find out who is volunteering with you. Check out these Scheduling Tips.
Found on the back cover of the curriculum folder
Set-up & Clean-Up Instructions
Found on the front cover of the curriculum folder
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Description of Lead Teacher and Assistant roles and responsibilities
· Lead Teacher: Choose any playlist from the Music Playlists section above to play Music
· Lead Teacher: Lay out Toys With A Purpose in separate parts of the room
. Lead Teacher: Go to folder and get the Prop Talk Guide and Picture Passes for yourself and layout the Story Cards, Adventure Books, Small Group Guides and Story Time Supply bags for each assistant and yourself
· Lead Teacher & Assistants: Play with the kids
Clean Up 11:35
· Lead Teacher: Play Video to start Clean Up song
· Lead Teacher and Assistants: Put Toys With A Purpose back in bag and put bag in bin
· Lead Teacher: Break up kids into Small Groups and have assistants sit with their group and your group sit near you in the front of the room
· Lead Teacher: Pause video
Turtle Time 11:40-11:50
· Lead Teacher: Read story of the month to the class
· Lead Teacher: Each time the book cues you to Tickle the Turtle’s Tummy, give the stuffed turtle to a student and ask them to squeeze the tummy to hear the Take Home Message
Prop Talk 11:50-11:55
· Lead Teacher: Use Prop Talk Leader Guide and get Prop from K4-K5 bin, Orange bag in K4-K5 bin (see sign on bag and Prop Talk Leader Guide to know which prop to use in each class each week)
· Lead Teacher: Kids sit with Small Groups while one leader teaches everyone using the prop of the week and the Prop Talk Leader Guide
Movie & Music, Snacks 11:55-12:20
· Assistant: Distributes snack and water to kids as they are seated
. Lead Teacher: Unpause video to play the Bible Adventure
· Lead Teacher and Assistants: Encourage kids to respond to video cues as video plays
· Lead Teacher and Assistants: Kids remain in Small Groups to watch the video
Picture Passes 12:20-12:25
· Lead Teacher and Assistants: Kids sit with Small Groups while one leader teaches everyone
· Lead Teacher: Use Picture Passes and Adventure Bag to review that week’s questions from the back of each Picture Pass
Story Time & Adventure Books 12:25-12:45
· Lead Teacher and Assistants: Use Small Group Leader Guide and Story Cards
· Lead Teacher and Assistants: Follow the Small Group Leader Guide to lead their Small Groups individually.
. Lead Teacher and Assistants: When it's time to pray, pray using the sign of the cross and Our Father. Feel free to add a personal prayer if you'd like.
· Lead Teacher and Assistants: Give each child an Adventure Book to complete using stickers and crayons found in the Story Time Supply Bag
. Lead Teacher: Say something positive about the child to their parents at pick up